Integrating SilverCart into an existing Silverstripe installation
I presume that you already have a SilverStripe installation running and you want to integrate SilverCart into that existing project.
- Download the minimum barebone package of SilverCart from the downloads section. It contains all required modules to run SilverCart. Copy the folders to you installation root.
- Make changes to the class hirarchy in the file /mysite/Page.php. Page must extend SilvercartPage and Page_Controller must extend SilvercartPage_Controller. Further delete all default CSS requirements in the method init() int the file Page.php.
- Create a folder 'silverstripe-cache' on your installation root (i.e. the same directory where the folder 'mysite' is in.)
- Make a change to /mysite/_config.php. Delete the line SSViewer::set_theme('blackcandy'); Define your installation language with Translatable::set_default_locale(“en_US”); and set the parameter (here “en_US”) to your locale, e.g. “de_DE”. Define an admin email address for the store by adding Email::setAdminEmail(“firstname.lastname@example.org”);
- Run a [my_URL]/dev/build?flush=all.
Your SilverCart installation is completed! Note that your webserver needs at least 64MB memory for the installation process.